I love to cook. I really do. I love finding new recipes and trying them out. And I usually don't mind putting menus together for each week. However, sometimes it is hard to come up with new ideas for every week, and I'm always thinking that I wish I could see a list of what other people are making for their meals so I can have some ideas.
So, just in case anyone else has been in those shoes, here are some meals that I've been making this week or are planning to make next week:
I made Extra Spicy Linguine with Sausage, Chili Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, and Arugula last night. It's a Rachael Ray Recipe, and I really liked it. Didn't use the Chili Pepper--not sure how spicy it makes the meal, and I have 2 small kids.
Another new recipe I'm going to try next week is Freeze-Ahead Broccoli and Sausage Calzones. I plan on making half of them for now and freezing the other half for when I'm in Haiti. They sound good.
Last week we tried these fish tacos. I thought they were pretty tasty, except I am not a fan of corn tortillas. I tried one the next day with a flour tortilla, and liked it much better. I also used tilapia instead of red snapper, and they worked fine.
I love pancakes, and I make them for the kids on a weekly basis. I usually make a double batch and them keep them in the fridge and reheat them for breakfast all week. A friend showed me this recipe for fluffy pancakes, and they are great!!! Definitely not lying about the fluffy! I added blueberries to some and they were good, too.
Another freezer-friendly meal that is a go-to for us is Hot Chicken Sandwiches. I got this recipe from Caryn Collins, and we are ever so greatful!
Hot Chicken Sandwiches
3 c. cooked cubed chicken
8 oz. cubed Velveeta
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
3/4 c. mayo
Combine all ingredients. Put on hamburger buns and wrap sandwiches individually in foil. Can be frozen or refrigerated.
Bake (in foil) for 25 minutes @ 325 if thawed or 35-40 minutes if frozen.
Happy eating!!
No comments:
Post a Comment