While I've never seen an episode of "Lost" or "24", I've still had some good (and bad) tv moments recently.
*TOP CHEF IS COMING! While I've been loving Top Chef Masters, (and am rooting for Jonathan Waxman) I am always excited to see Tom and a new crew of chefs. I get to see the first episode before I go to Haiti. They're going to be in D.C., so I'm sure there will be lots of fun challenges.
*I couldn't watch American Idol. I wanted to see the tribute to Simon, but when I turned to it and Paula came out, and I couldn't handle it---SO UNCOMFORTABLE!! Is she that weird, or on drugs? And then the old Idols singers came out--the song was terrible!! Yikes! I think Simon is making the right choice by getting out before the boat sinks.
*I loved Glee this past fall. These spring episodes have not been as great to me. I don't like storylines that are just developed to get to a specific song (aka the Madonna episode). I did like the episode where the girl sang Christina Aguilara's "Beautiful"--made me cry. And they had to go and sing "Beth" this week, which of course will keep me tuned in to see if Gwen will really name her baby Beth.
*I still have the season finale of "Parenthood" on the DVR and am excited to watch it--just haven't had the time.
*I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jimmy Fallon and his crew are hilarious! Last week they did a spoof of Lost that was so funny--and Arsenio Hall was in it. You need to see it.
*If you have kids, and haven't seen "WordWorld", you need to. It's on PBS and it's really cute. Everything is made up of the letters that spell the item. And the duck with the speech impediment is so endearing. I love him.
*I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I've actually watched some NBA and it hasn't been too bad. We're rooting for the Suns--who doesn't love Steve Nash? Black eye? No problem. Broken nose? Bring it on!
*Lastly, David and I have really enjoyed the new show on TLC called "Best Food Ever". There are probably similar shows on the Food Network, but we don't have that channel. John Goodman narrates as they count down the top 10 of a certain food or type of restaurant. I feel like writing down all of the places so we can take a food vacation and eat our way across the country. This week was best diners, and the winner was in Worcestor, Mass. Almost made me want to go back to Worcestor. Almost.
In other news. . .
I'm on my way to Noblesville today to wish a former co-worker happy retirement and catch up with a few old friends. So excited the summer is here. This week we have gone on bike rides and long walks, been to the park, got out the sprinkler, the kiddie pool, and eaten our weight in popsicles already. I'm so thankful that I get to watch my children experience all of this, too.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment