This is Nadine:
She is a young Haitian girl who lives in the village of Peredo. I had the chance to meet Nadine when I went to Haiti a year and a half ago. She has had this growth almost her whole life. In fact, her mother didn't put her in school because she figured she was going to "die anyway".
My friend Ginny has been working incredibly hard to get medical care for Nadine. After some tests in Port-au-Prince, we found out that Nadine has a series of tumors that can be removed, but it's a pretty serious surgery.
So we prayed.
And God answered that prayer in the form of a doctor (and a hospital) in Columbus who is willing to do the surgery for free. So Ginny has been working even more incredibly hard to get the paperwork done so Nadine can come to the states to get the medical care she needs. The longer she has these tumors, the more difficult her health situation becomes. We almost lost her a few months ago to a bout with cholera.
So we keep praying.
Every night.
Praying.
Noel and Elise talk about Nadine like she's a girl who lives down the street.
"When is Nadine coming to get her surgery?"
"I don't know yet."
"Can we hang out with her?"
"I sure hope so, Noel."
Tomorrow is a crucial meeting with the embassy for Nadine to be cleared to come to the states. Will you please pray for her today and tomorrow? Please pray that they will allow her to come. I believe that God has a plan for every person, including Nadine. And I believe that part of that plan is allowing so many of us to be a part of her life.
Please join me.
Pray.

No comments:
Post a Comment